8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Elmo Gs 1200

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Elmo Gs 1200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:35 pm 
Film Expert

Well what can I say. If you colud see my face when I walked into the room after 5 1/2 hr drive threw slush and snow.
The person selling the GS is about 70 years old and was once invloved in film making with his freind who died recently and this was his collection of equipment ranging from projectors,bulbs,cramaras(8mm and small to large professional video cramaras). After a small viewing of their film work, just to make sure the projector was working we went over to what was for sale. After which I was give the tour of the rockets that he now builds. He still has his projector, an Elmo ST and many reels of flim that on occasion if I can rember how to run the projector I'll watch some movies as I was told.
As for the good and bad news after tomorrow what is not sold will go to a local film club. Was it worth the drive?

1- Elmo GS-1200 mint,cover case, take up reel,manual
1- Elmo 16-F used(haven't plug it in yet) damage to one latch on cover and needs cleaning
1- Braun Nizo super 8 camera (working) takes S8mm cartrages or large drum on top of camera and in a metal case complete with all attachments.
1- Magnon dual 8 Editor Viewer model D-300
What I needed is a 8mm dual projector ( Have two B & H but not good to use ) so I can watch or convert my old 8&super8 to dvd or hard drive.
I been using photobucket for uploading photos to other sites but it semms they have changed the way the IMG code looks and was not to sure if it works.
Will update later.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 pm 
Film Expert

Not really sure what to say. I personally would have made the trip and it sounds like you met an incredible film creater. I am not a director or producer. As long as you purchased the projector and if it really is a GS unit then you did really well just in that market. Everything else is a plus. I paid $200 for my first St1200 and after I replaced the belts it is the best super 8 I own. Keep in mind that a fully working ST1200 is usually 1000-1200 on the open market depending on wear and GS units are hard to find at best then I'd say you made out like a bandit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:23 am 
Site Admin

Ed, if you would like, you can email the photos to me and I will post them in your post for you.

Sounds like you met a very interesting person and got a real deal on the equipment. I paid $1200 for my GS-1200 back in 2004.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:36 pm 
Film Expert

thanks Dan.if you can post the pic. that would be great.
Spent the morring testing out the projectiors. The GS works great I can see why you would like it. The ELMO 16-F is missing a power cord so I used the GS cord and apart from sound(no film to try) forward,reverse,rewind and light work. As for the BRAUN carmera charged the battires and every thing moves in side.
will up date later.

Attachments:
ed gs 1.jpg
ed gs 1.jpg [ 39.11 KiB | Viewed 1773 times ]
ed gs 2.jpg
ed gs 2.jpg [ 21.17 KiB | Viewed 1773 times ]
ed gs 3.jpg
ed gs 3.jpg [ 32.45 KiB | Viewed 1773 times ]

Last edited by Ed Pendykoski on Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

Ed, I believe we have hijacked Todd's thread. :oops:

Todd, did you get in touch with Leon about the GS gears? Please keep us posted as to your progress. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:49 pm 
Film Expert

Dan Lail wrote:
Ed, I believe we have hijacked Todd's thread. :oops:

Todd, did you get in touch with Leon about the GS gears? Please keep us posted as to your progress. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]

Had to back track and read.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

Ed, no harm done. :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 pm 
Film Expert

I contacted Leon, he had the parts I need and they should be arriving soon.I will let you know when it's back up and running.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:07 pm 
Film Expert

Update on the Gs 1200, the gears from Leon arrived today.I'm happy to say the Beast is back up and running.Thanks Dan for pointing me in the right direction.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:42 pm 
Film Expert

Just an update. Been using the GS and I still can't get over the way it runs compared to what I was using. Sold the braun to a young film student (cinematographer) who was like a kid in a candy store when I opened up the box. Traded the F-16 for a elmo 16-CL optical ( hope it was a good trade) and I think I'll hold onto it for later use. It had a lens on it but that's a differnt topic andi"ll post that in a differnt board. Must say thanks for the help and info from the members here and I'll try not to drag up up too many past post subjects.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next