8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - I Have Been Permanently Banned From Small Format

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: I Have Been Permanently Banned From Small Format
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

Today(March 31, 2014) I was permanently banned from Small Format forum.

Reason for ban:

Not conducting a personal grievance via PM instead of in public.

So Kevin Faulkner's moderator, Osi Osgood, attacks me personally in public and threatens me with a lawsuit. Kevin lets this attack thread stand for 9 days with over 200 hits. I wrote Kevin privately several days ago via PM, but got no reply. So last night I posted my own thread explaining the actions of Osgood in his own words, and I am banned for stating the truth. MY post was deleted less than 24 hours after I created it. After my post was deleted, Osi Osgood's was also deleted. All the previous attacks on me that Osi posted are still standing on Small Format.

Let me say that no one, including Kevin Faulkner is banned from this forum except:

Osi Osgood - Because he attacked me personally and threatened me with a lawsuit.
Winbert Hutahaean - Because he joined this forum under the name of Cakra Warta. No trolls please.
Erik Schoolcraft - Because of his hostile attacks on three members and would not provide proof of his accusations.

This is for Paul Adsett - When you were banned from 8mm Forum three and a half years ago for copying your film reviews and pasting them on Small Format, I wrote Doug Meltzer privately and asked him to reinstate you because you were such a fine person. Thus, it was done.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: I Have Been Permanently Banned From Small Format
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 am 
Film Expert

It's outrageous that one side of the, shall we say, discussion is allowed to stand while the other is deleted. You (Dan) and Mike had perfectly reasonable questions that were never going to answered truthfully.

I've met Kev Faulkner on a few occasions and found him to be very personable, I imagine he finds himself in the middle of a difficult situation, but in fairness I think if one set of posts is deleted then so should the other one. Only my opinion of course.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:53 pm 
Film Expert

I can't believe this.

Dan questions Osi about his actions and is banned?? Osi has blatantly lied right since the beginning of this whole issue and he remains a moderator on the same forum????

I realise that Kevin is caught in the middle to an extent, but...there's no logic here at all.

BTW, when I attempted to discuss these matters privately via PM with Osi, he immediately made the private discussion public by answering on the forum. So, the reason for the ban just doesn't stand up. If the reason given to Dan is valid, then Osi should've been banned for the same reason. Check out about half way down the page here:

http://www.mrelmo.co.uk/smallformat/vie ... 5&start=30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:55 pm 
Film Expert

I banned myself from that [set5_b/set5_b/cuss.gif] small format forum weeks ago. Osi will make sure anything that questions him is gone. Will he honor his own words and do everyone a favor and go bye, bye to raise his family....probably not. Didn't the last time he said he would either.

Bill [set5_b/set5_b/nopity.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:04 pm 
Film Expert

Funny you should say that, Bill. He's been on the forum every day since he says he wasn't gonna be.
:lol:
That BS is all part of the "I'm a hardworking and honest family-man who loves his wife, so I couldn't possibly be lying like you say I am" facade.

I love my wife and kids too, but I don't feel the need to tell the forums about it (well...until now, I s'pose
:lol: )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm 
Film Expert

I agree with everything stated here by Dan, Mike, and others who questioned the truth in this matter. Like many others, I knew something wasn't right from that first post on the 8mm Forum asking for screenshots. I was curious and asked some questions privately concerning the origin of the screenshots used in the GWTW auction, and found out that the owner of the screenshots wasn't even aware that they were being used, and he agreed that this was, in his own words "a little deceptive" on the part of the seller....
As the tale went on and on, I just couldn't believe that I, and the other members of three different Forums, were expected to believe all the contradictions and partial explanations given to straightforward reasonable questions, but the truth is plain to see in my opinion....what a shame

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 pm 

Well, put everyone [set5_b/set5_b/iagree.gif] Dan, wear that banishment as a Badge of Honor. You are definitely the Good Guy and not once did you, Mick or any of the others do any more than ask legitimate questions concerning what turned out to be a disgusting mess of lies. It made me sicker, however, to see Osgood's rant stand untouched for as many days as it did on Small Format Forum. Unfreakingbelievable. I knew from the get go this GWTW coring affair was another of a long line of BS from that guy. I mentioned in a previous post that I have had no regard whatsoever for Osgood since 2009--all this crap just reaffirms what I have known since then.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:19 am 
Site Admin

Now Kevin is saying he might take his forum down. He says if he decides to take it down, it will be because of Mike and I. Give me a freakin' break. First Osi days goodbye(not really), then Kevin says goodbye(maybe).

All that was wanted were answers to simple questions. We did not get them; now we are the villains????? Seriously???

This whole debacle has been discussed on this forum, and most everyone appears to have figured out what happened. No posts on this topic have been deleted or locked. No one seems to be pissed off with another member of this site. Could it be because members here are not allowed to make false accusations against another member without proof? And if a member were to lie about a film or equipment transaction, and it is proven, they are no longer allowed here. This is all done through proper and fair moderating.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 am 
Film Pro

I repeat here what I said on another thread...

"This is in NO WAY to be interpreted as support for one party or the other in your ongoing Dispute, just that I would have thought that the PM system better suited to soliciting opinions than acrimonious public exchanges"

Dan,
Recently you added a Statement to your Forum...
Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Your privilege.... it's your Forum. But it releases you from responsibility for what is said on the Forum and invites all and sundry to say whatever they like about whoever they like whenever they like..... a licence to indulge in that worst aspect of Facebook, Twitter and other notorious "social networking sites", the ability to abuse with little fear of retribution. The big difference is that on those sites it is usually done anonymously (trolling), but the effect is the same; the person being abused can see who is doing it but can do NOTHING to prevent it.

I have always resisted being involved with ANY of the above sites for that very reason. I prefer to be seen as acting like a responsible adult and dealing with any dispute I may have with another PRIVATELY, resorting only to help from the Law when absolutely necessary.

I repeat what I said above... "This is in NO WAY to be interpreted as support for one party or the other in your ongoing Dispute".... but in light of the way the Forum is being run as a platform for personal abuse I am requesting that you remove my name from the list of Members, so that I can concentrate on matters cinematic.

No doubt someone will react with "Good riddance" ....... but then, that will prove my point.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:36 pm 
Film Expert

I'm kinda lost for words at this point.

Dan gets banned.

Now, he and I are being blamed for the possible closure of the Small Format forum.

Osi is dishonest and gets away scot free.

I'll retire to Bedlam.

:shock: