8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - "Cored"

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Cored"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:06 pm 
Film Expert

Bill - Aha good to know - My guess is he didn't keep them as he has often reported his projectors only handle 600 foot reels - but that is an important part of the puzzle if Fred sent films on reels to Osi and then he sold the same kind of reels separately...

Mike I think it is just that most people are not that comfortable "taking sides" in any sort of issue..

I don't mind taking sides with what I think is good behavior and bad behavior.. I think Osi's reactions to "core gate" have been really uncalled for, especially since people were mostly asking for reasons why everything kept changing in the story...I am unsure why he didn't simply state I am selling prints for Fred because he is not computer savvy (or whatever the reason was) and will be listing the following top notch films from his collection... That way people could have gone straight to Fred with questions about the prints, quality, when did he purchase them, etc

I think Fred probably thought he was doing a good thing having Osi sell his films on ebay, but yes as you point out it backfired with the pictures from a different print and the lack of reels.. Right off I believe that knocked most people out of wanting that particular print

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 pm 
Film Expert

Dino Everett wrote:

Mike I think it is just that most people are not that comfortable "taking sides" in any sort of issue..

My experience in this particular issue from public and private messages to me were along the lines of- "Mike, why are you picking on Osi? You're hounding him. Leave him alone. He has a heart of gold...etc..."

Isn't that taking sides? (Purely rhetorical, Dino - I'm not looking for an answer. :cool: )

Following the arrival of the video, and even though the video actually had very little to do with viewing, cleaning and recoring 600ft of film, many publicly stated that this brings the whole issue to an end - this is proof that Osi is not lying. Isn't that taking sides? (Again...rhetorical)

I just came across another gem. In the original GWTW thread which was closed by Doug, I asked Osi how he recored the print after viewing. He said:

Quote:
VERY difficult! I un-core it, winding it onto that 600ft reel, view it, then clean it and re-core it, which is why it took some danged long to view the whole film, days actually.

In the very next post, but a day later, following Winberts pictures of his own platter system I asked Osi again how he had rewound the print and this time he said:

Quote:
...I hand rewound it. It didn't take too long to actually do so...

:shock:

Osi has been dishonest from start to finish, Daddio! No puzzle; no mystery.
;)(:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:11 am 
Film Expert

Bill I just saw the old post on the forum about the reels, and I noticed it said that the boxes for the reels had artwork from the film that used to be on them, So whoever bought those reels could answer a lot of questions if they happened to have Gone with the wind art on them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:23 pm 
Film Expert

Dino, do you mean as regards whether or not those reels were actually damaged as Osi claimed?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Dino, could you please post a link to that For Sale thread?

Is this it:

http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/u ... 280#000000

Thanks!

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:34 pm 
Film Expert

Yes, that's it. Those ones aren't damaged.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:12 am 
Film Expert

Mike yes, because it is still hard to believe that some elmo 1200 foot reels could get damaged in transit, especially the way everyone says Fred packs his shipments....Plus since Osi mentions that the movies that used to be on those reels he sold are indicated on the boxes, then the title of those movies could be double checked with Fred, ie "Fred, Did you send Osi the following movie (insert title from boxes) in elmo boxes with artwork on them?"

and Dan yes that was the post as Bill pointed out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:23 am 
Site Admin

Fred indicated to me some of the boxes had artwork on them.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:31 pm 
Film Expert

As I said above, I don't see that there's any mystery any longer. We're all pretty intelligent people here.

I'm wondering though whether or not Osi would have received GWTW as far back as Nov of last year. After all, he only put it up for auction in February.
Even if he had received it, and those boxes had the GWTW artwork on them, and one were to challenge Osi on this, he'd simply say that even though the boxes say GWTW, the reels inside were from a different print.

In any case, why not just ask straight up on that thread, " does anybody know who bought these reels?".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:09 pm 
Film Expert

Well your right as in asking direct questions on the other forums will just get scoffing or no response. We are just trying to piece it all together....why I don't know. Osi has sold or is selling 4 to 5 features and they have all been listed as "cored" so there have been many empty reels available and he has stated that he needs reels so they were either all sold or he kept them and is just telling more stories. Just think if Osi knew how to take pictures we may not even be talking about any of this.

Bill :smile:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next