8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - I Have Been Permanently Banned From Small Format

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: I Have Been Permanently Banned From Small Format
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 pm 
Film Expert

hi Martin, it's a pity you feel you have to leave this forum. Dan is quite capable of speaking for himself, but in fairness to him, he has banned someone for being abusive and not following protocol.

Dan and Mike are being pilloried for unmasking blatant deception, something I applaud them for. By going 'open' at least other members are now in possession of all the facts.
regards,
Mal

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:01 pm 
Film Expert

Thanks, Mal.
:smile:
It means a lot to receive even a little support from other members of all forums.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:15 pm 
Film Expert

Wrong is wrong. There is no other way to say it. Why should someone have to be quiet about crooked deal? How many others have been burned? Dan and Mike have done the right thing! It makes me want to puke when I read posts from people saying it should be private messaged or handled different or even making excuses for a scammer! If someone rips me off I know that people on this forum will speak out. We are not sheep like on other forums! I consider Mike and Dan forum friends, great sellers, honest and very knowledgeable. That should be the important thing instead of crying about their methods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

Martin, please read this not as any attack on you or with any bad feelings. You have done nothing wrong on this or
any forum as far as I know. I will try to be as objective as I can in my reply.

Quote:
I would have thought that the PM system better suited to soliciting opinions than acrimonious public exchanges"

Kevin requested that Mike and Osi communicate through private messaging. Mike apologized publicly on Small Format
and tried using the PM option to resolve this with Osi. Osi chose to make portions of the PM from Mike public. The
Administrator (Kevin) turned a blind eye to Osi's broken PM trust.

During this time, I was communicating with Kev via PM's, but I did not get a reply from the last PM concerning the
lawsuit thread from Osi. Since that topic was locked by Osi, I felt it necessary to reply in defense by opening a new
thread.

This whole debacle that has lasted over 2-1/2 months was concerning Osi's unorthodox listing of films.
1. Using screenshots from someone else's print
2. Describing the print originally as "cored"
3. Osi trying to convince long time film collectors that he thought the word "cored" meant a roll of film off reel with
no plastic core in the center, in other words exisiting only of wound film with tape.
4. He told the forum members that he received these feature films "cored".
5. The person he is selling them for steps forward and says that he sent all the films to Osi on reels.

Mike and others just wanted to know why all the game playing and twists and turns from Osi instead of straight
forward answers. For example: he could have said, I received them on reels and took them off the reels because
I either wanted to keep the reels for myself or sell them separately later. When asked about why the features
were listed as "cored", he could have said, Gee, I thought "cored" meant with no reel or plastic core, so I better
change that right away to "this film is not on a reel or plastic core, it is just wound and taped". I know that Osi
stated that he received Gone With the Wind on damaged reels, and that was why he sold it "cored". What about
the other four features that he sold as "cored"? Did those reels get damaged too?

During this ongoing debate, quite often Osi would lash out at us with personal attacks and veiled threats, and in
my case an actual threat of a lawsuit.

This is all there for anyone to read except for the posts that have been deleted.

As far as my Mission Statement, I did not mean for it to be open season for slamming people. I thought that the
part that says, "We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations", covered that.

So far, no one has said "good riddance" to you, or as I was told, "goodbye to bad rubbish". If that happens, you
have my word and the word of Chris Smith that these members will be dealt with using responsible moderation.
In other words, this would be handled on an adult level.

I have repeatedly made it clear to Kevin that I wanted to remain his friend. But instead Mike and I have been made the
villains. You are a well spoken man of high intelligence. This should all be quite easy for you to understand, and I say
that respectfully.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:07 pm 
Site Admin

I see Paul Adsett has responded at Small Format. Like I said in my previous post "He is a fine person" even if he does have a dvd projector. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:06 am 
Film Expert

Osi was clearly in the wrong and was misleading potential film buyers.

Dan was right to expose the "coring" problems. Thank you Dan! [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:02 pm 
Film Expert

It's nice to see you getting some support over there, Dan but the whole thing seems to be about the spat between you and Osi.
However, I hope people don't lose sight of the bottom line here - Osi has been dishonest and has deliberately tried to mislead buyers. He is the one who should be removed from the forum.
I'll not be posting there again as long as he is a moderator - its a ridiculous idea.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:18 pm 
Site Admin

Mike, I think my name keeps coming up because of the lawsuit threat, and so many personal
attacks were aimed at me. As we know, the truth is you and I were about on the same keel
when questioning Osi.

Quote:
I'll not be posting there again as long as he is a moderator

This is the same thing I told Kevin four years ago when he asked me if I would like to be a
moderator. But I was compelled to post on Small Format recently because this Osi thing
became so obvious, I thought I could by stating the truth. Looks like there is a double
standard over there when it comes to you and I.

As far as Kevin taking down his forum, why??? Are you and I that powerful? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:22 pm 
Film Expert

Quote:
Looks like there is a double
standard over there when it comes to you and I.

I'm more concerned that there is a double-standard when it comes to Osgood.
The message being given out is that it's OK to be a bit shady in your film dealings.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:49 pm 
Film Expert

Actually, I have a very simple and straightforward question that I dare anyone from the Small Format forum to answer honestly:

Osi was dishonest; Dan and I were honest. Why has the situation turned out in Osi's favour and to the detriment of Dan and me?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next