8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - LAST of the Neumade / Film-Tech splice tape

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: LAST of the Neumade / Film-Tech splice tape
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm 
Film Expert

I found who has the LAST of the Neumade / Film-Tech 16mm clear non-perforated splice tape. For years, Neumade made the BEST splice tape available. No residue when peeled, no tape hairs getting in splices because of less than perfect roll cutting....etc.

When Neumade quite selling the stuff, Film-Tech picked it up...this is EXACTLY the same tape Neumade sold for years. Well...the supplier for the tape informed Film-Tech they will no longer be making the splice tape. I found who bought up all the remaining stock...(about a case +) This stuff is leaps & bounds better than the crap jacro tape Urbanski pushes...GTS tape can't hold a candle...ect...sadly one day we will have no choice but to use the sub-par tapes.

I'm not making a thing on this I'm only relaying information...just email or PM me for the contact information.
A single roll runs $4.50 with price break for a full sleeve of 12 rolls. IMHO it is well worth it I purchased 3 sleeves for myself.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: LAST of the Neumade / Film-Tech splice tape
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:04 pm 

As Wayne said, it's great tape--I never ever had a problem with it. I just opened one of two sleeves (of 12 rolls, I believe), so I am set for quite some time.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm 
Film Expert

I have to agree that Neumade was the best splice tape on the market. I used it the entire time I worked in 35mm theater prints because it didn't cloud the Dolby Digital soundtrack and have used it since for bandsaw prints in 16mm with no jumping or discoloration. Hopefully something will come on the market to replace it for us oldies. Forgive me for being cheap but since I haven't had Neumade here in years I use Scotch clear packing tape cut down to splice films right now when they need it. Mostly to repair older prints.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:12 pm 
Film Expert

Hey Erik, if I didn't have this tape, I'd still be using scotch tape. IMHO Scotch tape & jacro tape are about as good as each other. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:06 pm 
Film Expert

from what I was told there is only a few sleeves left of the tape, and also a small supply of FilmGuard.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:06 pm 
Film Expert

One time offering: I will let one sleeve of my Film-Tech tape go IF anyone needs a roll or two. If you already have some, this is not for stocking up. I'm making this offer for anyone who does not have ANY of the good stuff and is stuck using sub-par splicing tape that the "other guys" sell.

LIMIT of two rolls. $5.00 per roll + postage.

Send PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:42 pm 
Film Expert

Wayne, how does this compare to Ciro tape?

(You are a kind hobbyist to offer this!)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:32 pm 
Film Expert

This stuff will peal off clean YEARS after it has been placed on film for splices.

I haven't peeled any that old myself, because I either leave splices for good or they are just for putting in & removing of my intermissions. Best I could suggest is search for other user's results on Neumade tape or Film-Tech tape (both the same)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:04 am 
Film Expert

I've only used Neumade for all my larger format films. It doesn't discolor or leave reside to clean off even years after applying or multiple projections. It was the best. On small format films I use Scoth packing tape. I know it isn't what most would use but have viewed films that I had to splice parts of years ago and it is still clear and doesn't gum-up like most tapes. Packing tape is very thick but somehow optically clear and works well with 8mm and super 8. Have had to use it for quick splices on 16mm with a Perforating hot splicer and it works extremely well.
Still, when I pull out a film from 10 years ago when I wasn't in the market to get Neutape but the print runs fine then I have to reccomend it.