8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Independent 8 Double Issue Quiz

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Independent 8 Double Issue Quiz
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:16 am 
Film Expert

I’ve decided to run my usual end of year quiz over two issues (September to October + November to December), this should hopefully give you all more time to enter, at least it should end the comments I get every year that it was too near Christmas, and they had no time to look at it, that excuse should now not be relevant, so please have a go.
There will be 15 questions relating to films from the 1970’s, 1980’s and the 1990’s.

The 1970’s
Q1) Name the film that starred Richard Dreyfus, Melinda Dillon, Teri Garr & Francois Truffaut from 1977
Q2) Name the 1977 film starring Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jerry Reid and Jackie Gleason
Q3) Name the 1977 sci-fi horror starring Jan-Michael Vincent and George Peppard
Q4) Name the 1979 horror film starring James Brolin, Margot Kidder & Rod Steiger
Q5) Name the 1979 horror spoof comedy starring George Hamilton, Susan Saint James & Richard Benjamin

The 1980’s
Q6) Name the comedy fantasy from 1984 starring Zach Galligan, Phoebe Cates & Hoyt Axton
Q7) Name the 1983 adventure film starring Christopher Reeve, Richard Pryor & Robert Vaughan
Q8) Name the 1988 thriller starring Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman & Bonnie Bedelia
Q9) Name the 1980 music Biopic starring Sissy Spacek and Tommy Lee Jones
Q10) Name the 1980 fantasy musical starring Olivia Newton-John, Gene Kelly & Michael Beck

The 1990’s
Q11) Name the 1995 ground breaking CGI animated film with the voices of Tom Hanks & Tim Allen
Q12) Name the 1991 sequel starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton & Edward Furlong
Q13) Name the 1996 sci-fi film starring Will Smith, Bill Pullman & Jeff Goldblum
Q14) Name the 1991 animated Don Bluth feature with the voices of Glen Campbell & Christopher Plummer
Q15) Name the 1994 action thriller starring Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock and Dennis Hopper

The prizes are down to you, for every correct entry I will put £2 into the winners’ pot, so the more correct entries the bigger and more prizes can be awarded. As a help all the films listed are available on super 8, so that should be a big help (along with IMDB), entries close on 31st December 2020.

Please send entries by Post (Independent 8, 34 Thornberry Avenue, Weeley, Clacton-on-Sea, CO16 9HW, U.K.) or by Email to indi8films@aol.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As of 3rd October I've had 13 entries, you've got to the end of the year to enter, please have a go, the more the entries, the more prizes can be awarded!

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Independent 8 Double Issue Quiz
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:45 am 
Film Expert

As of this morning I've had 29 entries, which considering the competition has been running now for over 3 months is very poor indeed, so if anyone else wants to have a go you've got till the end of the year to enter!

Profile Send private message