8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - EUMIG MARK S 712D DRIVE WHEELS/MOTOR ADJUSTMENT

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: EUMIG MARK S 712D DRIVE WHEELS/MOTOR ADJUSTMENT
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:40 pm 
Film Expert

I have a Eumig Mark S 712D I am trying to get the drive wheel adjusted between the for. and rev, drive wheels. I can get it to where both fwd and rew work but you have to jiggle the selector switch on the front of projector. I want it so you just put it in forwad and it goes also the same in rewind. When I got this both adjusting screws were missing on either side of the motor. I have also adjusted to 2 screws that hole the motor in place. They allow adjustment for tilt toward front of back of unit. The 2 side screws adj. pressure against either rubber wheel. A really tough mechanism to get right. Andbody got any suggestions?

UPDATE 8/02

I figured out the problem. I refabricated the nylon bushing that the motor mount goes in. It had completely detieriorated to pieces over time. I used epoxy to make another one. I had to remove the motor to do the one on the inside near the casing. Now to let it set then reassemble.

The screw in the pic is just to keep epoxy out of the bushing.

Attachments:
mount 026.JPG
mount 026.JPG [ 142.96 KiB | Viewed 2267 times ]
mount 024.JPG
mount 024.JPG [ 135.67 KiB | Viewed 2267 times ]
projector 023.JPG
projector 023.JPG [ 152.6 KiB | Viewed 2277 times ]
 Profile Send private message