8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Who's Doing An Outdoor Show???

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Who's Doing An Outdoor Show???
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:21 pm 

I posted a few snaps of my "Doomsday Festival" drive-in night at my friend's horse farm a couple weeks ago... I am planning my next outdoor screening for later this month in my very own back yard. I'm wondering how many of you are doing/ did outdoor shows this summer?

Attachments:
00outdoors.jpg
00outdoors.jpg [ 53.05 KiB | Viewed 3050 times ]
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Who's Doing An Outdoor Show???
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately, my house borders a wetland and the mosquitoes are unforgiving. I have thrown many hints to everyone I know that has a yard, but no takers yet. My pontoon boat restoration is now finished, so the idea of showing a film on the boat in some private cove may materialize soon. I would have to invest in an inverter which will run somewhere around $100. This would fall under the heading of outdoor screening. If I manage to do it I'll take some video footage and snap shots to be posted.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:15 pm 
Site Admin

looks like I may have another outdoor show coming up in the next few weeks. This time it will be at poolside. More than likely it will be a 16mm show with an external amp and speaker and a six foot pull down screen.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm 
Film Expert

I when I sold my pedestal projector I included my outdoor screens [set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif] I was hoping the guy only wanted one or the other...but the offer was for both and he took both [set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif] Until I get another screen I can use outside...I will not be showing anything other than in my screening room.

Chris, I see you have a slide projector in your image. Do you need some theater slides for it? I have a LOT of COKE slides, the type they use pre-show for trivia, games, announcements. The cost is postage only...another alternative is to ask the manager at the local theater to see if you can have the old slides when they get replaced with new updated slides. Mine are several years old now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:13 pm 
Film Expert

I think you needan intermission clock for a successful outdoor showing too [set5_b/set5_b/biggrinjester.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/rofl.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/seeya.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/lurk5.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/party.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/willy_nilly.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/reddevil.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:00 pm 

Wayne-- you're right! I DO need an intermission clock. (Actually, I think some of my advertisement slides were from you from YEARS ago). I also created a "poor man's" intermission--I photographed color pictures from my drive-in book library on slide film and ran the pics along with the "Drive-in Theatre Fan Club" CASSETTE (hi-tech) of intermission soundtracks. The audiences didn't give a hoot as they were all jumping around to get popcorn, use the bathroom, talk, smoke and stare at the projector as I changed reels. BUT-- I see the great clips you offer, have salivated over them and will soon be sending an order for some of that stuff! (I want to be as AUTHENTIC as possible!!)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:11 pm 
Film Expert

I forgot to add the selfless [set5_b/set5_b/spam.gif] guy in my last post [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

Serious side of it, I HAVE had many reports of people sitting through the intermission clocks just to get up and do their thing (be it restroom or snacks) during the features.
It also come to mind...you can check with your pal who used to do the guerrilla drive in and borrow some of his snipes. I think I sent him a Simpsons version of Let's All Go To The Lobby a long time ago...I cold be wrong. I sent him several things in support of his efforts so I'm sure he would let you borrow them.