8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Lazy and/or Inconsiderate Film Sellers

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Lazy and/or Inconsiderate Film Sellers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:25 am 
Film Expert

Why is it that sale lists are posted but the sellers do not respond to inquiries? Don't they realize it can cost them sales? And if something is Sold it only takes a moment to type that its no longer available. That type of behavior is not only annoying, its self defeating. Why? Because the film collecting community is small and bad sellers will be Blacklisted by other collectors very quickly! And while I'm at it, members need to read their PMs! It doesn't take long! If the sender has taken the time to write one, why not take the time to read them? If you have time to read the postings here, then you have the time to read your PMs! :evil:

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Lazy and/or Inconsiderate Film Sellers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:33 pm 
Film Expert

Not sure who you are talking about. Most people on here enjoy sales. Even everyone I have purchased from responds instantly in every case.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:45 am 
Film Expert

Ummmm....there has been a slight over-reaction over on one of the other forums because a guy posted a list 4 whole days ago and hasn't had the chance to respond yet to all enquiries!!!!

This hobby ain't what it used to be. We have a lot of babies these days fighting over the last few Derann prints...
:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:20 am 
Film Expert

Ahem! I am not one of those fighting over those prints. [set5_b/set5_b/boxing_smiley.gif] I am not and was not interested in any of them. I made a General Blanket Statement that applies to any sellers that are problematic. The post I made was in response to someone else's beef. Why is it that bad sellers who treat people badly expect not to be taken to task for their behavior. What ever happened to Good Customer Service and Good Manners? Thankfully, there are many sellers on the forums who do treat their potential customers right. I repeat: I have no interest in those films as many are not in English and located in Europe. The person who made the initial complaint has 40 years of Retail experience and I have 20 so I agreed with his complaints. Then the Dam burst and the Hornets came out of their nest! My post was/is a reminder to those that treat their customers badly will be held accountable for it with a resulting loss of business. Anyone who desires more on the issue can read about it on that Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm 
Film Expert

Joe, I realize you haven't been here long but we are hobbiests with jobs and lives. Not retailers. Everyone I have dealt with on here deal on personal bases with that consideration. That is how collectors work. Some of us work and have other responsibilities and are patient with each other.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 am 
Film Expert

Joe,

It's still my opinion that not responding to emails within 4 days of the listing does NOT come into the category of "treating your customers badly". There are any number of practical reasons why this can happen.
I would tend to think - "well, the guy has a life outside film collecting, give him time".
In addition, regardless of the amount of retail experience anyone may have, "keep your damn films" (posted not by Joe, but another member), is inappropriate.

It's childish and it's becoming all the more prevalent in these days of the "ME! NOW!" culture in which we seem to live.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:48 pm 
Film Expert

I may be new to this Forum, but I am not a newbie by any means. I have been involved with Collecting for approximately 35 years. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, it appears nowadays that people have no interest in anything problematic unless its their problem. And many think its okay to treat others badly. Sad, but all too common nowadays. So some of us agree to disagree; that's fine by me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:07 pm 
Film Expert

Quote:
And many think its okay to treat others badly.

But....Joe....please tell me how the guy in the other thread treated anyone badly. By not responding within 4 days?

I can assure you there are members of all four forums who have treated other collectors a lot worse than that and they masquerade as good honest upholders of the hobby.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:41 pm 
Film Expert

What is the point of me answering your question now? We don't see eye to eye, so let's just agree to disagree and put it to bed. I made a General Statement about all Bad Sellers. Fortunately, Good Sellers far outnumber the Bad ones.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Fortunately, Good Sellers far outnumber the Bad ones.

"That's life and I can't deny it....." [set5_b/set5_b/rant.gif]

Joe, did you encounter any of these problems on this forum?

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html