8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Ebay Resolution Centre

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Ebay Resolution Centre
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:39 am 
Film Expert

Has any member used the eBay Resolution Centre to register a complaint against a seller?

I spent over an hour filling in all the details asked for and at the end when I was invited to click "to send", I received a message (in red) that I hadn't filled in everything, nothing I could do would placate it. I was just not able to continue. Not long afterwards it all timed out.

What a complete waste of time, crap sellers must be laughing all the way to their banks.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Ebay Resolution Centre
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Was this a complaint about a film seller? An hour seems a long time. What did this seller do wrong?

When you received the message in red did it give a "back" button so you cold make corrections? There is also Paypal's complaint department.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:52 pm 
Film Expert

Dan
It was a seller who badly packed his Super 8 projector and it was damaged in transit.

It took a long time to compose a complete precis of the events with the countless emails with the seller, as far as I know he's now been away on holiday for over four weeks. This was why I tried to open a formal complaint as the 45 days (the time allowed) were running out.

Whilst I was on the site, I could, of course, go back over to check my comments, all of which looked OK to me, there was no "flag" against anything that the site disliked.

My daughter says I don't stand a chance as I paid by cheque, although by doing this I know the seller's real name and full address.

I recently bought a 16mm film on eBay and chatted with the seller on the 'phone, I mentioned the projector seller by name and was told "Oh, that chap, you'll never get anything out of him, I didn't".

We all live and learn, don't we?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:10 pm 
Film Expert

Maurice,

I once bought a Sankyo 800 stereo that arrived in none working condition, no power or anything. Ebay suggested that I work with the seller to resolve the problem. After a week of emails he finally decided to refund half of my money.

Last edited by Roger Cathey on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:27 pm 
Film Expert

compose your letter in WORD and then copy paste it to avoid timing out. Also, did you have too many characters in your main body of the complaint?

The customer support is more in favor of the buyers NOT the other way around. I think one of the few stipulations is you must first try to contact the buyer before filing a complaint. There has been a couple times where ebay could get nowhere with the sellers, and they ended up paying me...since you paid with check, there is no paypal recourse...they side with buyers too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:52 pm 
Film Expert

This is exactly why I don't deal with Ebay anymore. They are more interested in getting sellers the money even if they are selling fraud. The last transaction I had with them was some woman selling a 400' print of the Star Wars Ken Films cutdown. She claimed it was in perfect color and complete. What I got was 200' reel with the leader completly gone and so faded that the red was almost gone. When I complained to Ebay they gave me nothing. Paypal was also reluctant to refund the purchase which is why I no longer use them either. As far as this forum, Most people on here are more honest then they get credit for. I've bought and sold several items on here to honest sellers. My thoughts are that Ebay is for yardsellers who have no clue or intentions of selling to you. (Dan Lail is an exception he sells honestly but he wants the most he can get. Can't blaim hiim) Do your research first before bidding on Ebay and if you can't find anything out on the seller then pass.