8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Any Good Finds Lately?

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Any Good Finds Lately?
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:46 pm 
Site Admin

Gosh, I'm sure glad I can't see her face. [set5_b/set5_b/drool5.gif] I'm a sucker for a pretty face. [set5_b/set5_b/seeya.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Found at a local antique store
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 pm 
Film Expert

Found this today at a local antique store that closed a couple years ago but was reopened recently by another owner. Was looking for something to play silent super 8 films and saw this little gem sitting on a shelf. It was a bit dusty and needed a new lamp but had to pick it up. This is a Sears Easi-load super 8, came complete with take up reel and cord. Needed a bit of dusting when I got it home today but purrs like a kitty, very quiet. Also has a Sears Cinepar f1.5 zoom lens. At 30ft throwing distance with used lamp installed showes a huge and extremely clear image. Also the image doesn't bow on the edges like some zoom lenses. Maybe you guys can help a bit but weren't the Sears brand projectors made by B&H? Anyway, ran several silent shorts through it tonight and it has a rock-steady image. Couple pics included. Am happy because I only paid $5 for it.

Attachments:
projector 002.jpg
projector 002.jpg [ 39.2 KiB | Viewed 3465 times ]
projector 003.jpg
projector 003.jpg [ 40.85 KiB | Viewed 3465 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:10 am 

That's a GREAT find, Erik. FIVE BUCKS!! For sure, that Sears looks like a rebranded Bell & Howell "Autoload"; most Sears projectors through the years seem to have been Bell & Howells.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:27 pm 
Film Expert

It definitly runs like one. (AB&H) Very quiet and smooth. Can't wait to break out some of my Blackhawk silent collection to watch with it. Got lucky.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 am 
Film Expert

Two weeks ago my dad picked up a very nice standard 8mm projector for me for $20

Attachment:
File comment: Bolex M8
5 15 086.JPG
5 15 086.JPG [ 88.49 KiB | Viewed 3415 times ]
Attachment:
5 15 087.JPG
5 15 087.JPG [ 89.67 KiB | Viewed 3415 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: Has built in Stobascope so you can adust it to run at 18 fps.
5 15 091.JPG
5 15 091.JPG [ 87.58 KiB | Viewed 3415 times ]

I'm very excited because this is my first Bolex and it is a beauty. Also has the case, oil canister, take up reel and rewind belt in beautiful condition.
Purrs like kitten too!

Bill :D

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 am 

One cool looking projector, for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 pm 

A recent eBay auction caught my eye. The seller described "3- 400' 16mm sound shorts on a 1500' reel". (1600'??) One short was a Castle Films "Hawaiian Melodies Music Album"-- not my cup of tea as far as musical reels go. Another short was "THE SNOWMAN official films". I had NO idea on this one. The third "400' short" was "Laurel & Hardy in LAUGHING GRAVY library films" . Hmmm. Now, I know LAUGHING GRAVY is a L&H 2-reeler and a 16mm 2-reeler would be in the 800' vicinity, NOT 400'. Maybe it was a cut-down? Maybe the seller THOUGHT it was 400' and it was actually 800'. I took the chance, was the only bid and spent $29.00 for the reel plus $6.00 postage. The seller was super fast on his shipping. It arrived coast to coast within a week and I HAD to know. Well, the Castle Hawaiian short didn't have a blemish to speak of--a beautiful, crisp print, and the songs weren't half bad. THE SNOW MAN was a great surprise-- a nice condition "Official Films" reprint of the bizarre 1932 Van Bueren cartoon--probably one of the weirdest cartoons ever! And the Laurel and Hardy? A pin sharp Library Films print and a full, complete 2-reeler. Quite pleased with the purchase! (The attached photo is off the web--NOT from my newly acquired print.)

Attachments:
000snowman.jpg
000snowman.jpg [ 10.17 KiB | Viewed 3098 times ]

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:13 pm 
Film Expert

made a deal to get two sets of three theater chairs today. $75 for both sets. Best part is the color matches screening room. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:25 pm 
Film Expert

Nice seats!

I was in Columbus for CINEVENT 45 on Saturday and picked up some nice deals....

Two in particular:

2 part Derann CARRIE edited together on 800' reel - seller said it was faded - I looked at the beginning and it didn't look too bad...I mean part of the film is RED anyway so I took my chances -$40 - Print is beautiful, nice edit, no lines, good color [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]

2 16mm Kiko the Kangaroo cartoons from Castle in SOUND $17.50 each...beautiful prints. I have them all in silent...so happy to find in sound! [set5_b/set5_b/party.gif]

Bill [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif]

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:02 pm 

Wayne--nice find at a great price. Those chairs look mighty comfortable compared to the set of 4 nickelodeon chairs I picked up about 20 years ago--they're the least favorite seats in my home cinema...
Bill--glad you got some deals at CINEVENT. How was it, overall, as far as film for sale or trade ??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next