8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Bauer P6 Update with pics

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Bauer P6 Update with pics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:28 am 
Film Expert

Hi guys here is an update on my Rank Aldis 16 mm Projector ( Its actually a Bauer P6 )

As promised Dan here are some pics .

The problem was a fried amplifier circuit , as much as I tried I could not locate the problem and also old parts where really a problem to find and to match up .
I wanted it to look original , I thought I would leave the amplifier circuit in place ( which also hold the exciter lamp and light pick up ( photo cell ) then build a preamp and amplifier ( the photo cell connects directly to the pre amp then goes into the main amp ) which I did but it was a battle to fit it into the housing , it did fit but I was not happy .
I then decided to build a new preamp then connect it to a small 1 watt FM transmitter so one could hear the sound through any FM radio . They are legal but must be below 1 Watt or otherwise one is blasting the airwaves .
I brought the transmitter and preamp kit from a local electronic store and assembled it , very easy to do .
Mounted them in a plastic box ( both powed by 9 volt batteries inside the box )
It looks very neat and sits beside the projector .
So now I have the photo cell connected directly to my pre amp , the preamp is connected straight into the FM transmitter , after some testing and tunning in of the transmitter I have great sound which I can listen to on any of my old vintage radios around the house , or just tune in my Hi Fi radio and I get great sound from the movie , the FM transmitter is just powerful enough for my house and does reach beyond so its does nt bother anyone else and is legal .
So its like a kind of Blue tooth for my projector .
I watch my movies and just switch on a radio in my house and I have sound for the movie.

If anyone has sound issues that they cant sort out I recon this system works great
After I took these photos I cleaned up all the wiring , looks very neat .
The cool thing is the pre amp has bass treble etc so you can adjust the quality of the sound before transmitting it to your radio

Thanks guys

Attachments:
p3.jpg
p3.jpg [ 166.56 KiB | Viewed 2232 times ]
p2.jpg
p2.jpg [ 207.34 KiB | Viewed 2232 times ]
p1.jpg
p1.jpg [ 141.23 KiB | Viewed 2232 times ]
 Profile Send private message