8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Forum Mission Statement

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Forum Mission Statement
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:35 pm 

It's true, and Dan and I are proud of it, just like the red letters at the top of the screen say: "This forum will not DELETE, LOCK UP or EDIT ANY posts."

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Forum Mission Statement
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:01 pm 
Film Expert

The mission statement is what makes this forum a great forum!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Don't ya' just hate it when you're following a hot topic and the villain is about to be cornered fro the liar he is and some moderator locks it up or deletes it. [set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:35 am 
Film Expert

Good opportunity to put my statement in. In the newspaper 'The Daily Mail', there was some story about some European Union ruling concerning halogen lamps. Someone posted this story in another Forum, that was OK. Now someone reading this, posted this in another forum which is run by Kevin Faulkner and Osi Osgood. This was considered political, and the poster was removed from the forum, after being there 4 years. I supported him, saying that this is a news item, and I was removed as well after being there 5 years.

I like the idea of being a 'Free' Forum: of course, with freedom comes responsibility, but I don't think linking to a story that was in a newspaper and could have an effect on projector owners was overstepping the mark.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 pm 
Film Expert

With all due respect, lets be honest here, Robert. You're not providing the full story.

The person to whom you're referring wasn't banned simply because of the "European Union ruling concerning halogen lamps".

From what I read, the reason Kevin got upset by that person was because of the complaints about, amongst other things, alleged racist remarks.

I don't post on that forum anymore either, for reasons of my own, but, I still consider Kevin a friend and it would be unfair to not tell the whole story.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:42 pm 
Film Expert

Well he did say that for 40 years of cine interest , he hadn't seen much in the way of contributions from either of us. I took a year out but still made over 600 contributions. His official reason for removing me was supporting the political views of Hugh Scott. I supported Hugh over the story of the lamps,and there was controversy about the next James Bond film. This was about keeping to the author's original creation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Michael, I think the post you are referring to has been locked, then deleted. I saw the last reply from Kevin on that post the other day after someone asked me to look at it. Never actually read the topic. Since I was banned by Kevin I have no interest in where I'm not welcome.

Let me say that Faulkner is welcome to come here for a fair debate. Osgood cannot post here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:29 pm 
Film Expert

Dan, if anyone wants to read the post it comes under 'Interesting Statistics' the post was created by Chris Bryan.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

Robert Crewdson wrote:
Dan, if anyone wants to read the post it comes under 'Interesting Statistics' the post was created by Chris Bryan.

Wow, that is indeed the post I was looking for. No wonder I could not find it. It has been butchered by the removal or Hugh Scott's replies and yours too, Robert. When I visited it a couple days back the last reply was by Faulkner stating he is locking it up. Now it is unlocked with the replies from from Hugh and Robert missing. I scanned it, but it didn't make much sense without the missing replies. How absurd! Why not just delete the whole thing? This is a result of being too PC. Reminds of Orwell's doublespeak in "Nineteen Eighty Four".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:26 am 
Film Expert

I just headed over there, and found as you stated, my comments removed. The thread doesn't make any sense now and would have been better to remove it. Now that is out of the way, I am not a political person; I try to avoid politics as much as I can (Newspapers. TV). I am now on the wrong side of 60, so why fret about something you can't change: public servants, elected by the people, for the people, only seems to be in theory. Better to spend my remaining years on my hobbies; there is hardly enough time for that, and now that Spring is here, there is the addition of work in the garden.

I look forward to, hopefully, to making more useful contributions here.