8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - 70mm IMAX showing of Interstellar at Edwards Theaters

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: 70mm IMAX showing of Interstellar at Edwards Theaters
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:15 am 
Film Expert

I just watched the 7 PM showing of Interstellar IMAX at the Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 & IMAX in Ontario, CA. I loved the movie but the projection quality lacked. The picture quality of 15/70 was phenomenal, I've never seen anything like it (I've only ever saw 70mm when I was about 5) and there was nothing wrong with the brightness or flicker/scratches, but the sound was about a half second off. You would see them talk and a second later you would hear it. Half the people in the auditorium left by 10 minutes to complain. Then the manager came in and told everyone they were going to try and fix the problem, and that you can get a refund now, watch another movie free of charge, or stay and get a readmission ticket (that's what we did). They muted the sound and messed with it for a few minutes and gave up and left it.

I'm glad I stayed to watch since I really loved the movie but how could they possibly mess that up when they already showed that print 3 times?
I checked their Facebook page and here are some of the comments left by people:

Too bad the opening night showing has no sound. 15 minutes into the movie and still nothing...
Yesterday at 8:22pm

Since I knew Nolan was filming on 70mm film I got so excited because I knew the few Original IMAX theaters where going to be using the whole Scree like the way it was 14 years ago...On October 24th I went to try the INTERSTELLAR Oculus Rift to the AMC Imax at Universal city Walk and I almost got my tickets there after experiencing the Oculus...but I had to be loyal to my Local Edwards Ontario Palace Stadium 22 & IMAX and I got them for Tuesday at 8 pm...Everything just went wrong and we missed the first 20 min or so...of the beginning of the movie which were key elements for the whole movie..the staff handled the issue the best way possible but when you are crazy for something you just feel the disappointment .For what I saw the movie is Awesome.. and since they gave us readmission tickets I'll be coming back to see it again...I know Errors Happen but my Only Question Was..: Since the movie Is on Film,Didn't you guys try the Projector to make sure everything was working perfectly before the Showing, since you guys had the Physical copy of the movie????Don't get it..!!! Any way...I loved the Part of the movie we saw...and Edwards Ontario Palace 22 & Imax is still by far my favorite Movie theater.
22 hours ago

Profile Send private message