8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Roku streaming television

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Roku streaming television
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 am 
Film Expert

I jumped on the internet streaming television band wagon when it first came out and I thought it was great. I wanted to let everyone know about a couple of new channels that are free. I love the old drive-in stuff and a channel called "Bizarre" has lots of bizarre movies plus intermission shorts, cartoons, old commercials and trailers. Its just like watching a movie. It plays nonstop. The other channel is called Zom-bee. It has a little bit of monsters, shorts, exploitation, comedy and just crazy stuff including some original content. You can select what you want. The list of other channels available is huge so us movie buffs have many to check out. My wife and I had a blast last night watching the oldies but goodies and I thought others may be interested.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Roku streaming television
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:07 pm 

Mike--sounds cool. Do you have a link for Bizarre? I found zom-bee easy enough. I don't spend a lot of time watching internet stuff, maybe an occasional short on Internet Archive, but this sounds like something I would like.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:51 pm 
Film Expert

https://www.rokuchannels.tv/bizarretv/ There are just so many channels to check out. The Grind house channel is good also.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 am 
Film Expert

Thanks very much for this! I remember looking at roku a few years ago, but at that time it seemed like a one trick pony.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:32 am 
Film Expert

I agree. When streaming first started I did not know what to think either. I was tired of Charter Cable( and still am) So I bought the early version of a Roku and at the store nobody knew what I was talking about. I found them buried on a bottom shelf by the clearance. Since then I bought the newest model. My son has Charter internet and that is all. He uses Roku for all TV and movie watching.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm 
Film Expert

I have the Roku 2. I had no idea about other channels since I've only used Hulu and Pandora. I got sick of using it though since it freezes and crashes every 2-3 hours of use, then I have to wait for it to boot up again and then go back into Hulu to find my show again, but maybe that's just the Hulu app.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:17 pm 
Film Expert

It is Hulu Plus causing your trouble. The way Hulu buffers was a problem for the older Roku boxes. Had the same problem here. My wife loves Hulu plus. The new Roku works fine with Hulu. You will be shocked at the difference and at all the new things out there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:39 pm 
Film Expert

Sounds good enough to look into, thanks for the link Mike. [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]