8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm 
Film Expert

Well, what did I tell ya?? Topic locked.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 pm 
Site Admin

Mike O'Regan wrote:
Well, what did I tell ya?? Topic locked.

That is typical. What I find interesting after reading Osi's last reply is when he first started this thread his opening line was "what do you fine folks think?". Looks like he didn't like what folks thought. [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

Maybe Small Format needs a "Mission Statement". [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm 
Film Expert

The only way you can post on small format is if you are in agreement with whatever the topic is.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Bill Phelps wrote:
The only way you can post on small format is if you are in agreement with whatever the topic is.

Bill, I think that would be a great mission statement for them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:15 pm 
Film Expert

Like a poor 'Whodunnit' mystery a new piece of evidence is added on the last page making it impossible to guess the villain . It can now be revealed that the pen jar is an overspill for the coin tray so it was ok to take that money after all.
Pity someone hadn't told the store staff about that, could have saved a lot of trouble. [set5_b/set5_b/svengo.gif]
(remember the 'last page reveal' about Fred K's 1200ft spools being badly damaged?)
That's me finished with the small format forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:19 pm 
Film Expert

Yes, I agree that should be their mission statement and even though it is not posted as such it is very much in practice!

P.S. Hey Osi...next time you make a post asking for comments make sure you mention that you are only accepting positive comments only.....

Last edited by Bill Phelps on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:22 pm 
Site Admin

Three years ago I told Kev I would post on Small Format if he removed Osi as moderator. He did not. i did post there this spring in order to help a friend. I was instantly attacked by Kevin's moderator for asking questions about a film sell.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:33 pm 
Film Expert

To be honest, it's a real shame. I enjoyed posting on that forum as Kevin was a friend and it felt more like a local forum for that reason.

But....well, I don't know what to say, to be honest....it still baffles me that people are willing to make excuses for Osi, after all that's been revealed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:51 pm 
Film Expert

It is a shame. I don't have any personal axe to grind with anyone. I'm just responding to the obvious. I used to enjoy that forum but now only peek in once in a while. I still read the 8mm forum but I don't post. This is the only place I can feel a sense of "common sense" to the disscussions.

The real shame is 'Kevin was my friend"

Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:37 pm 
Film Expert

The thing is, nobody is asking anyone else to turn against Osi, or ostracise him, or anything like that.

It's simply a case of looking at the evidence that's been presented and accepting the situation that Osi has been dishonest and then lied repeatedly to try and cover up his wrong-doing.

By overtly taking his side in all of this, people are validating his position...telling him that it's all right to be dishonest in this hobby.

If people really want to help Osi, then they should be encouraging him to change his ways.

The way things are, his future within the hobby, or at least on the forums, is bleak. Word travels fast in such a small community. If people want to help him, they're going the wrong way about doing so.

Osi seems to be under the impression that we here on this forum have a personal dislike of him, or an "axe to grind" as he puts it.

If he just would stop for a second and think, he'd see that we have no motive for such feelings. The whole situation with the reels and cores arose from the facts as they revealed themselves on the other forums. That is what we have responded to, nothing more. So why does he think it's personal?

How much energy has Osi wasted on trying to cover up the cover-ups which are covering up more cover-ups, all of his own creation?

He should make no mistake about it, eventually this stuff will all come out. He will trip up somewhere and then he'll be a long way from one of "our own".

Right, I'm off to watch Seinfeld.
:smile:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next