8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:37 pm 
Film Expert

Any legal action which Osi would bring against anybody would bring into the open all his dealings with the Elmo reels, the "cored" films, whether or not he watches the film he sells, the old lady for whom he sells the reels, the penny tray, the pen jar, etc.....

It would, indeed, be fun to watch but, alas....will never happen.
:D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:27 pm 

Mick, he may just go through with his "legal action" thing, as I recall he established a legal defense fund and solicited contributions on his You Tube video. Of course, I have no idea how much has been contributed, and, on second thought, maybe that legal fund is only to finance his actions against that supermarket, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:00 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Dan,
Yes i did mention this forum on the Small Format forum,i saw a link on the 8mm forum and then it was removed,It seems a big deal with the US guys about the coin tray as we don't really have anything like it here in the UK,reading this thread it was explained in detail of it's intended use so clear on it now,Mark.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:50 pm 
Film Expert

I thought Osi said he was going to be off the forums and go raise his family and tend to more important matters.....

...nevermind.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:11 pm 
Film Expert

I'm a little surprised at the fact that Osi thinks there's an "axe to grind" here. Once again, I feel he seems unable to grasp the reality of his current standing among most collectors and members of all three forums. The past few months have revealed certain practices which have not gone unnoticed or been ignored by the collecting community. The fact that the views produced amongst the members of the forums have not been made public should not be misconstrued by Osi as any kind of validation.

Speaking for myself, I have nothing personal against Osi. I don't even know the guy. My wish is that he would see the error of his ways, admit that he's been dishonest in his film sale dealings and has lied to all and sundry when questioned about them, including the fact that he's selling reels which belong to Fred W.

One only has to go back and read the whole mess of contradictions he created over the "cored" films, the Elmo reels, etc. if one needs to refresh ones memory, though I don't particularly recommend it above watching paint dry.

His lies and dishonesty have been plain enough for many others beside myself to see clearly, so to perpetuate the dishonesty is never going to work in his favour. Something Osi doesn't see, or perhaps doesn't care about, is the fact that such matters as this recent penny tray thing just have a cumulative effect, adding to the past dishonesty and, eventually, the hole WILL become too deep.

He would obviously have to initially take some flak for such an admission, but would also, and more importantly, gain some respect for doing so.

I know that Osi does read this forum so, Osi, I'm sincerely asking you to consider this, sir.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:41 am 
Site Admin

Well said, Mike. My main disappointment is why the moderators/administrators of the other two forums have turned a blind eye. [set5_b/set5_b/toetap05.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:20 am 
Film Expert

Long-time collector Mark Sylvester asked me to post the following comment he made on the Small Format Forum in case it gets deleted from there:

Hi all,

I have not posted in a long time. Been very busy with my work in mental health but still keeping a little hand in regarding 8mm and hopefully to dabble in 16mm again. That aside, though I have been very much entertained by the thread about this "penny plate"...etc,. Very much so! Indeed, I have read and seen Osi's you tube video. I DO have empathy with you Osi...BUT - and I am surprised fellow U.K. members did not point this out...that despite you may be able to take the money off the penny plate...the money in a totally separate jar - "PEN JAR"..was not even yours to TOUCH never mention take from how do you breeze past that? I am surprised you was not arrested. So, unfortunately, according to U.K. law to do so in any shop - take from a totally "seperate" jar/plate or whatever with no sign allowing you to do would be a case for prosecution. The amount has no bearing on this - that is the law. Have great day you all.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:28 pm 
Film Expert

I'm somewhat amused by Osi's exasperation that this thread is still going on when it was he who started it in the first place.
:lol:

Something else I find equally funny is that forum member Hugh Scott seems to be blaming the whole thing on the store for leaving the money there in the first place.
:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:42 pm 
Film Expert

[set5_b/set5_b/iagree.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Something else I find equally funny is that forum member Hugh Scott seems to be blaming the whole thing on the store for leaving the money there in the first place.

Using Hugh's logic, is the store guilty for all those missing Twinkies because they left them on the shelves in plain view? [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next