8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Strangely, there appears to be a lot of support for him on the Small Format forum

Of course. [set5_b/set5_b/conehead.gif]

When I watched the video I notice Youtube had placed it in the category of people with schizophrenia. One poor fellow must have had seven different youtubes about his paranoid experiences. I would not make light of these other video. These persons had serious problems, but man/boy CX is open game.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:47 pm 
Film Expert

I wonder....if I were at OO's home visiting and I noticed 16 cents on the coffee table in loose change, and I needed it, if I took it would I be stealing it? After all it is only 16 cents....

What exactly is the dollar amount when it is considered stealing? I looked at the small format post and many seem to think 16 cents isn't stealing. What I'd like to know is how much can be taken before it is considered stealing....I think 1 cent is stealing but maybe I'm wrong.

Bill :?:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:51 pm 
Site Admin

Bill, it's a buck eighty three. [set5_b/set5_b/sifone.gif] I studied law at Wassamatta U.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:38 pm 
Film Expert

Thanks Dan for clearing that up for me...I figured it was probably between a buck or two.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:45 am 
Film Expert

If I had to help myself to the penny tray to pay my bills for whatever reason I would be so embarrassed I would never tell anyone. Period. Especially after being fingered by management for taking everything in it and looking elsewhere for more to grab. Trying to make wrong into right is shameless. What kind of example is he setting for his family? Would any supporters do the same thing? Just my .16 cents worth

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:31 am 
Film Expert

The lesson I learned is....

...if you need it, it's yours to take.

I won't put it in practice anytime soon but that's my conclusion.

By the way I'm not afraid to admit I have stolen things in my life (when I was young), I think we all have. But Mike is right in saying trying to spin a wrong into a right is shameless. He is only back peddling because he was caught. Maybe he should realize "being an artist" is a fun hobby but not going to pay the bills.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:56 pm 
Film Expert

I find the whole thing baffling.

Firstly, maybe the security guys could've been a bit more discreet. Perhaps, they could've avoided a scene in front of Osi's kids.

That said....in my opinion, Osi stole money from the store - if not from the penny tray, then from the pen jar. It doesn't matter a damn whether it's 6c or 1c - in my opinion, it's stealing. Why does he think this is OK?

Only slightly less worrying is the fact that other folk think it's OK.

What exactly is this hold he has over people that they are unable, or unwilling, to see exactly what's going on here with this fella??

I don't think I've come across anything like this ever, anywhere.
:shock:

Last edited by Mike O'Regan on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I found this on line. It is the definition of a sociopath:

A person with antisocial personality disorder. Probably the most widely recognized personality disorder. A sociopath is often well liked because of their charm and high charisma, but they do not usually care about other people. They think mainly of themselves and often blame others for the things that they do. They have a complete disregard for rules and lie constantly. They seldom feel guilt or learn from punishments. Though some sociopaths have become murders, most reveal their sociopathy through less deadly and sensational means.

Manipulating others, such as pretending to be deeply interested in someone in order to achieve a goal;

Being deceitful, such as a man who says he is a decorated war hero when in fact he has never even served in the military.

Mike O'Regan wrote....

Quote:
Firstly, maybe the security guys could've been a bit more discreet. Perhaps, they could've avoided a scene in front of Osi's kids.

You have to remember, this is only his side of the story. We really do not know where he was questioned and in front of who. We also do not know exactly how much money was taken without having confirmation from Paul's. Needless to say, stealing in front of his children could be a good lesson for them to learn. But who knows what explanation was given by either parent after leaving the store.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:41 pm 
Film Expert

Dan Lail wrote:
You have to remember, this is only his side of the story. We really do not know where he was questioned and in front of who. We also do not know exactly how much money was taken without having confirmation from Paul's. Needless to say, stealing in front of his children could be a good lesson for them to learn. But who knows what explanation was given by either parent after leaving the store.

Yes, I know.

I'm just basing my observation on the facts as Osi has relayed them. No speculation on my part.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:48 am 
Site Admin

Take a penny, leave a penny. Not to be confused with the British slang "Spend a penny". :mrgreen: In US slang it would be "See a man about a horse or don't see a man about a horse" tray. [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

From Wikipedia:

Usage[edit]
The small cup or tray near a cash register is designated as a place for people to place pennies they receive as change if they do not want them. Then, customers who, for example, need one cent for a transaction can take one of the pennies to avoid needing one of their own or breaking a higher-denomination coin or bill. The tray can also be used by cashiers when dealing with amounts slightly less than others easier to work with; the cashier may take a penny (1 cent) from the tray and then give the customer, for example, one quarter (25 cents) instead of 24 cents (two dimes and four pennies, or six coins in all).[1] These are also called "penny pools", and may be either a generic container such as an ashtray, or a purposely made container with an advertisement on it, such as for cigarettes, with text advising the customer to take a penny or leave a penny.[2]
It is not uncommon to occasionally see nickels, dimes, and even quarters in a penny dish; a cashier short on pennies but nearing the end of his or her shift may swap one of the higher denomination coins for the equivalent number of pennies, especially if a large number of pennies are present in the dish.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So, you see, it doesn't mean "Help yourself tray" to use the copy machine. If I walked into a store and emptied one of these trays I could be arrested. [set5_b/set5_b/leaving.gif]

Attachments:
Penny Tray1.png
Penny Tray1.png [ 407.42 KiB | Viewed 4868 times ]
Penny tray2.png
Penny tray2.png [ 124.34 KiB | Viewed 4868 times ]
penny tray3.png
penny tray3.png [ 303.62 KiB | Viewed 4868 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next