8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rock Star Caught With Hand in Penny Tray
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 pm 
Film Expert

It just had to be said.

It made me sick seeing decent people trying to state the obvious to someone - and in some case others...who just will not listen. Osi pulled a fast one...and it all started with the Gone with the wind..,reels...cores..he was making EXTRA on selling the reels - simple as. He should have put his hands up... BUT...NO - so we end up here..cover up..contrived excuses trying to say he was victimised etc, from decent collectors who DARED to question HIS authority and means of working. I watched and waited...but I could not resist coming in with my six penny's worth...because I still have fond regards for a hobby were I have seen many crooks come and go. So I make my stand. One thing at least it brought me back into collecting again - albeit in a much smaller way than before...but back all the same. Well done on the forum Dan and best to all who are members and post here.

Best to all

Mark (ex SilvoScreen)

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 pm 

Excellent assessment of the situation, Mark. Thank you for sharing the deleted post with us, and welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:00 pm 
Film Expert

Mark - back one week and you managed to get topics locked on two forums. :lol:
You haven't lost your touch. [set5_b/set5_b/cheers2.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:11 pm 
Film Expert

Thanks for your support, Mark.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:33 pm 
Film Expert

Joe Taffis wrote:
Mick,
For what it's worth, I've agreed with you and Dan on this whole thing right from the first post asking for GWTW screenshots....and you know many others do too, but (like me) wanted to stay out of it....
The truth, and lies, are really plain to see....
I have had posts concerning this matter deleted on both the 8mm Forum and the Small Format forum, so I just want to tell you here.... [set5_b/set5_b/iagree.gif]

Thanks, Joe.

I really do wish, though, that others beside yourself and a couple others had voiced their support on the forums. The problem with not doing so has been that Osi has felt validated in his actions, thinking that this is only a personal thing that I hold against him.

However, I do understand to some extent, why people might wish to remain silent.

(ps: actually, thinking about it, no I don't understand that at all. It's validated Osi and given the idea to both Forum admins that it's all about me being out to get Osi. I'd be less than honest if I didn't say I was a bit disappointed).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:01 pm 
Film Expert

Well Mick,

I am totally onside....it is great on-board a forum that has principles. Mark [set5_b/set5_b/lurk5.gif]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:32 pm 
Film Expert

After initally posting when this whole debacle began (GWTW) I tried to stay out of it but after some of the silly excuses that where being posted I couldn't take it anymore and I let some of my feelings be known.

I would like to think that most (people staying out of it) see the situation for what it is but one never knows.

Bill :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:13 pm 
Film Expert

I hope my friend Hugh Scott doesn't mind my telling you this story. When the world and his wife were calling for the resignation of Osi from Kevin's forum, Hugh and I were the only two vocally offering support. Now, many of you may know that Osi is constantly searching for a copy of 'Grizzly Adams'; Hugh wrote to him offering him a 16mm copy absolutely free; except he would have to pay the postage. When Kevin decided to remove Hugh from the forum, and then myself for supporting his views, Osi went public and stated that he agreed with Kevin's decision. Privately, he emailed Hugh, saying 'Sorry, but Kevin is the boss; I would still like to be friends with you, and I am interested in that 16mm print you offered free'. Needless to say he never got it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:27 pm 
Film Expert

11 pages and I missed the entire thread [set5_b/set5_b/willy_nilly.gif] The video was funny as hell tho [set5_b/set5_b/rofl.gif]

I work too damn much at times I suppose. [set5_b/set5_b/piggy.gif]

Last edited by Wayne Tuell on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Robert Crewdson wrote:
I hope my friend Hugh Scott doesn't mind my telling you this story. When the world and his wife were calling for the resignation of Osi from Kevin's forum, Hugh and I were the only two vocally offering support. Now, many of you may know that Osi is constantly searching for a copy of 'Grizzly Adams'; Hugh wrote to him offering him a 16mm copy absolutely free; except he would have to pay the postage. When Kevin decided to remove Hugh from the forum, and then myself for supporting his views, Osi went public and stated that he agreed with Kevin's decision. Privately, he emailed Hugh, saying 'Sorry, but Kevin is the boss; I would still like to be friends with you, and I am interested in that 16mm print you offered free'. Needless to say he never got it.

"In penny tray there is a hand that knows no boundaries. The little children laugh at him behind the rack. Penny man seems to have a knack for misleading facts behind your back. :mrgreen:

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next