8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - "Cored"

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: "Cored"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:41 am 
Film Expert

Thanks Dan!

I`ll check his website

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:01 am 
Film Expert

Hi Mike and Dan - I did post a response on the other thread that Mike may not have seen.

I bought a print of "Bluebeard" (John Carradine/Edgar Ulmer) on Super 8 a year or so ago from an other forum member which for some reason had one of the 400ft reels "cored". No bother - but as I said before it was not a product you would recognise as a "core" made for that purpose - it was the inner hub of a blue basic 400 ft "spool" that had had the rest of it cut away. Why it was that way I'm not sure - it all worked out OK in the end - but no - other than that example I've not seen a real (reel!) core - nor do I want to.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:32 am 
Film Expert

http://youtu.be/wItyu46Hw2Q

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:01 pm 
Site Admin

Members on the other two forums are treating Osi as if he really didn't know what the meaning of "A cored film" is. This has reached the point absurdity. Of course he knows the meaning. He is just looking for an out for trying to deceive potential Ebay buyers by saying "Oh I stand corrected. I really though cored could mean no reel or center hub(heh, heh)". This guy should have been thrown off of the forums years ago. [set5_b/set5_b/toetap05.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:55 pm 
Film Expert

Kind of like a politician. Even when everyone knows they are corrupt or not doing a good job their verbal charm casts a spell and they keep getting voted in year after year....

I am glad to see some other members adding some common sense to this coring discussion here and on the other forums. My head was really starting to hurt smacking on that brick wall! [set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif]

Bill :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:34 pm 

Wow, just "wow". I finished looking over the forums after a very loooong week at work. First, to answer Mick's question: of COURSE it means a small plastic hub at the center of a film sans projection reels , designed specifically to be used in a split reel process. BUT...ohhhhh: BUT! I looked over the arguments, and must say the conversations trivialized the concept, a tad, yes, about what a core is, and actually is and what is the True Definition of The Core and, lo, they fragmented into tangents of silly bits featuring even someone's comment about an apple WITHOUT a core is "cored" so therefore, etc, and then various people began mentioning, for reasons known only to them, the concept of Xerox photostatic copies and Laz-E Boy recliners and putting movie films on record players and then, oh my--THEN--to top it ALL off; I see "The Young Lad's" CHALLENGE!!!!! Put us in our place, Young Lad, and give us a worthy quest to PROVE what a core is, or find a book, or go on the internet or whatever that gibberish was supposed to mean for us to do. Well, to better the field of collecting, I shall take up The Challenge that "The Young Lad" throws down at us, hoping, as I am oft to do with my inquisitive soul, to meet The Challenge and therefore cause The Young Lad to publicly apologize on other forums to someone named "Micheal O Reagan" (not to be confused with Ronald R. Reagan, who acted in movies and didn't, as far as I know, collect them.). So, I'm off, tomorrow, maybe next week, maybe when I feel like it, forearmed with knowledge of the air - speed velocity of an unladen swallow, both the European and the African Swallow, yea, and I can recite the four capitals of Assyria, just in case.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 pm 
Film Expert

Go get 'em Chris!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:49 pm 
Film Expert

My suspicion is that Osi diverted the whole issue away from the fact that his auction remained misleading. He flat out refused to remove the word "cored" from his auction because he knew darn well that to state "film is not on reels and is not on cores" would most likely mean zero interest from collectors.

I think that at the end of this saga, any of us with any intelligence know exactly how Osi operates.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:21 pm 
Film Expert

Yes I agree....we can see how he operates but we don't understand it!

At least I don't! And if you ever want your head to explode like in the film SCANNERS just engage Winbert in a conversation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 pm 
Film Expert

The guy is still unable to grasp the basic concept that in the world of Film Collecting (which is all that matters in this whole thing) "cored" means on a core, regardless of the actual dictionary definition of the word!!! He's still arguing about it over there.

[set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif]

"I'll retire to Bedlam!!!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next