8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - 35mm Conversion

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: 35mm Conversion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:56 am 
Film Expert

I know there are 35mm projectors that can be modified to add an external xenon lamphouse. I have a Strong X90 35mm projector and would like to take the projector head off and replace it with a 16mm machine that I can modify to fit in front of the lamphouse. Does anyone know of a 16mm projector that I can remove the lamphouse cover and fit it in front of an external xenon lamphouse? The Strong projector is very big and heavy and selling it would be a problem, plus I think running a 16mm projector in front of it would look great.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: 35mm Conversion
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:09 pm 
Film Expert

I have a pedestal Fumeo X900 you can use to try and Frankenstein on if you want it...but you'd have to pick it up because it would be too heavy to ship.

I'd be willing to drive part way F.O.C. <---free of charge to help for a long distance pick-up. It is only a parts machine right now, & needs besides a good cleaning, a rectifier, lamp, mirror, and maybe a take up motor.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:09 pm 
Film Expert

Thanks Wayne, Nevada is a pretty long drive. I'm looking at this one on ebay. What do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321322451369?ss ... 1436.l2649

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:04 pm 
Film Expert

I've never seen on of those. Being such a compact unit do you think you can make your lamphouse work?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:24 am 
Film Expert

My thoughts are to remove the existing lamp house and cut away part of the casing. Then I would extend the cone coming from the xenon lamphouse to make it the same size as the opening on the projector and to hopefully cut down on the 2000 watts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:43 pm 
Film Expert

Wayne Tuell wrote:
I have a pedestal Fumeo X900 you can use to try and Frankenstein on if you want it...but you'd have to pick it up because it would be too heavy to ship.

I'd be willing to drive part way F.O.C. <---free of charge to help for a long distance pick-up. It is only a parts machine right now, & needs besides a good cleaning, a rectifier, lamp, mirror, and maybe a take up motor.

Hello Wayne. Just wondering if you might sell the top reel arm on your Fumeo 900 if it's a parts machine? [set5_b/set5_b/biggrinjester.gif] Otherwise does anyone on this forum know of one for sale?

Regards from New Zealand.
Frank.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:47 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Frank, I can do that. I have a pretty busy weekend, but I'll try to dig it out of the shed soon as I get a chance.

I used to know of one place to get parts...however I lost the contact information when I got a new PC...and the only other person I knew of that knew where to get the parts passed away.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 pm 
Film Expert

Thankyou Wayne. Please pm me when you've found it and let me know the price, and the cost of postage to New Zealand if possible.
I've been making (trying to make [set5_b/set5_b/biggrinjester.gif] ) a top arm but although it will probably work, it doesn't look like the original part at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:56 pm 
Film Expert

Here's some pics of the Fumeo projector that Wayne has kindly provided the top reel arm for.
The bevel gears I need are behind the side of the gate when it's closed. When the gate is opened the gears are in full view.
I also need the spool retainer that keeps the reel on the top reel arm. If someone has one and will sell it, please let me know.

Wayne, thankyou for your help. The top arm I was making certainly wouldn't have looked as great as the real one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:06 pm 
Film Expert

Frank Moloney wrote:
Here's some pics of the Fumeo projector that Wayne has kindly provided the top reel arm for.
The bevel gears I need are behind the side of the gate when it's closed. When the gate is opened the gears are in full view.
I also need the spool retainer that keeps the reel on the top reel arm. If someone has one and will sell it, please let me know.

Wayne, thankyou for your help. The top arm I was making certainly wouldn't have looked as great as the real one.

OOPS.....those pics didn't happen. Will try again.

I just realised the pic files are bigger than the allowed 1 Mb size so I'll reduce them and try again. [set5_b/set5_b/banghead.gif]