8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - STOOGES 'N STOGIES Drive-In Night RAINOUT

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: STOOGES 'N STOGIES Drive-In Night RAINOUT
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:52 pm 

After last week's drive-in COOL HAND LUKE show, complete with special guests The Police, I was looking forward to running the STOOGES 'N STOGIES show for my friend Jim in my nearby home town of West Chester, Pa. Well, at least I'm ready for next week. We pulled the plug on the show on Friday, 24 hours ahead of the Saturday night schedule, based on the gloomy weather forecast. For once, the weatheman was accurate, almost to the minute, as the downpour arrived exactly at sunset when the projectors would have fired up. My friend Jim told me had 40-50 people scheduled to come, plus he ordered lots of food and two kegs of beer/ale. It's all on hold, and we'll certainly give it a go next weekend. I don't mind taking the show "on the road", as I don't have to hassle with refreshments/food/ dog control as I do at home shows. Things are sort of carefree, once I am set up. I WILL take some snaps. Anyone else running shows?

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: STOOGES 'N STOGIES Drive-In Night RAINOUT
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Anyone else running shows?

Well, yeah! It's off to the Laurel & Hardy Festival in Harlem Georgia on October 3rd to show films for them. After the evening dinner on the museum lawn, I will show "Our Relations" in the museum theater(Babe's Bijou) for the local Sons Of The Desert chapter. On Saturday the 4th it's 2-reelers every 30 minutes from 11:AM until 4:PM. Most of the films including "Our Relations" will be on super 8. This year I will be running the sound through my new P.A. system. Sweeeeeet!

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message