8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Elmo ST-1200D for sale

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Elmo ST-1200D for sale
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:36 pm 
Film Expert

Hello all,

I have an Elmo ST-1200D that I'd like to sell. It is pristine- came from a Doctor's office and used for training purposes; couldn't have more than 100 hours on it, if that. Lamp is still original Elmo badged. Hang tag is still on the handle, comes in mint case with 800ft takeup reel, original manual and box of accessories that has never been used- everything is still in plastic from the factory.

The only problem with it is goo belts. I've taken the cover off and cleaned it up, which wasn't bad. The belts were still hanging on the pulleys, so there isn't goo all over the place.

I will take some photos to upload if anyone has an interest. Oddly, it looks kind of like a projector. :)

I have two options- for those of you who know how to replace belts, which is pretty easy to do, I would like $275 shipped to lower 48. If you would like, I can lubricate gears, procure the belts, finish the cleanup of the goo on the pulleys and install for you. I would like $400 (shipped to lower 48) if you would like a fully functioning, cleaned projector ready to go.

Shipping would be UPS ground. If you are out of the lower 48, I will help pay shipping up to $25.

Thank you,
Michael

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Elmo ST-1200D for sale
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Michael, welcome to the forum.

Does it come with the original box and styrofoam? If you upload a few pics that would help your sale. What are the specs on the lens? f:1.1 maybe?

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:04 pm 
Film Expert

Unfortunately no original box for it... :( That would have been really neat. I'll get some photos up up tonight when I get home.

For those interested in a local pick up, I'm in Southern California and am regularly into the inland empire, orange county and Los Angeles.

-Michael

PS- I'll have to take a look again, but I think it's a 14-55mm f1.3 lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:39 pm 
Film Expert

I would actually like to know more about it if it hasn't been sold yet. One thing that wasn't mentioned is have you tried to run it? I've seen projectors clean as the dickens lock up and not run then others that were in the mud run like gems. If the machine runs or you can make it run then I am interested. Not looking for a project projector right now. If you can flip a switch and everything works it makes it more valuable than something you found.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:18 pm 
Site Admin

Michael, did you clean the goo off of the pulleys and replace the belts? I couldn't tell from your initial post.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
Film Expert

Hey Dan,
His post said he cleaned the goo off the pullys but wanted to charge more to replace the belts. I am looking at buying it too but he hasn't responded if the motor even works. I may shy away from this one.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

Michael, we're waiting for photos. [set5_b/set5_b/willy_nilly.gif]

Erik, I'll bet the motor works. Sounds like it was stored in a warm environment, hence the Salvadore Dali belts. :mrgreen: Although, if a fellow went to all that fun to clean the goo off, putting the belts on is a piece of cake.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm 
Film Expert

I agree totally Dan, I would just like to know if it runs. I don't know the 'fun' factor of having to clean off the rollers. Been through that once. Wasn't fun. Being in Cal. I imagine the projector was in a warm enviroment which is never good on belts we both know. I wouldn't moind having it but I'm not into a restoration project if the gate doesn't work. My other problem is that he only has two posts on this forum. How much does he really know about this stuff?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:11 pm 
Film Expert

Hey everyone,

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth- I got a concussion at work which put me out of commission for a while and have been playing catch up ever since. I'll get some photos up here as soon as I can.

Everything moves smoothly and it does indeed run fine, but as I have not replaced the belts, I haven't run a film through it yet. I see nothing that speaks to the contrary of it functioning fine.

To answer your questions about me- I'm not a big film collector or anything, I'm really just a gear head. One of the things I did to get myself through college was repair vintage cameras and A/V equipment. I was introduced to projection gear in college, being a theatre major. Since then over the last 10 years I've been picking up pieces- everything from old tube amps to 8mm and 16mm projectors- and rebuilding them, performing a CLA and passing them on. It's a side business/ hobby of mine. With two little girls, I can't justify the expense of actually getting into the hobby and keeping any of these projectors and gear that I repair; hopefully some day when they're older. Then again, by then, all the good film stock will mostly be deteriorated more and it'll be even more expensive to get into the hobby. :) C'est la vie, non?

For now, I'm quite happy on the gear end of things- I thoroughly enjoy solving mechanical problems; when I needed a CNC for my main business- woodworking- I couldn't afford a commercial one so I designed and built a 2'x3' unit in aluminum extrusion.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask; if I've missed the boat with this forum due to my silence, please do accept my sincerest apologies.

Thanks for the interested and have a great day,
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Michael, getting a concussion requires no apology. I hope you are doing fine now with no long term effects.

Sounds like a very good ST-1200 you have for sale.Some collectors just do not get into the inside of these projectors because they aren't mechanically inclined and feel uncomfortable(It is small in there and one would feel quite uncomfortable. oink!oink!).

Maybe you could help with a motor replacement. I have Kodak Sound 8 projector - 1960- that needs a motor.

Rather than hijack this thread, here is a link to the post:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=826