8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Films for sale

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Re: Films for sale
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:39 pm 
Film Expert

Hi Joe, I got your email and thank you for the offer. I would like to thank everyone actually for their insight and help.
I have located an Elmo projector! So I will be viewing all these films in a few days and start taking detailed description of the films, I will be with a gentleman that has been collecting for 40 years and knows his way around films. His primary intrest is in 16mm film but I am sure he qualifies as an expert.

As for returns, I am going to have to say no. However, movies that offers are made on I will do complete views and give a very detailed description on the condition, and major points that you guys like to know about. Leaders, credits, color, etc.

I will take video and pics with my phone, A galaxy s2, and email to all that inquire.

Currently I have offers on 5 of the movies and I will be viewing them first. Once again I can not thank everyone enough!

I will post pics in the morning of Roustabout for you Joe and I will give more details as I gather them.

Since everyone here has quotes, this just happens to be one of my all time favorites,

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole f*#kin' program."

Have a good night everyone.

Mike [set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:28 am 
Film Expert

Attachment:
blue hawaii.jpg
blue hawaii.jpg [ 95.87 KiB | Viewed 692 times ]
Attachment:
blue hawaii1.jpg
blue hawaii1.jpg [ 88.75 KiB | Viewed 692 times ]

Blue Hawaii

Having a tough time with proper lighting this morning, thats the best I can do for right now.

mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:31 am 
Film Expert

Attachment:
roustabout2.jpg
roustabout2.jpg [ 95.52 KiB | Viewed 692 times ]
Attachment:
Roustabout.jpg
Roustabout.jpg [ 89.9 KiB | Viewed 692 times ]

Like I said in previous post, having issue with getting camera to focus and right light, not only that I am in a hurry, gotta get to work :)

Have a good day all.

will update with more asap.

Mike

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:27 am 
Site Admin

The 3 Elvis prints are Viacom magnetic sound prints. I have seen a lot of these. There very sharp focus, but usually have fair to good color. If one of you Elvis prints has the original lab leader, you will see Viacom printed near the start. I have these 3 Elvis titles and mine match your scans with the yellow perf edge.

High Noon is probably a Niles print. I have one of these and it is a great print! Sharp with good contrast.

Last Train is more than likely a Viacom print. Great movie. The color is usually fair to good. Mag sound.

The Music Box could be a Blackhawk or Walton. Both good prints.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm 
Film Expert

Hey everyone, the projector is in! I will start viewing all the movies in the order that offers where made and start posting pics etc.

Thank you everyone for emailing me and guiding me with your knowledge and experiance with these films. You are very much appreciated.

Viewing will start Monday the 1st so please stay tuned, cause monday night (if iam not to tired) I will start with conditions.

Thanks again,
Mike
"Where do you think you're going? Nobody's leaving. Nobody's walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We're all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here. We're gonna press on, and we're gonna have the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny f@#king Kaye. And when Santa squeezes his fat white @ss down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of @ssholes this side of the nuthouse". - Clark Griswold

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:31 pm 
Film Expert

That's one of my favorite quotes among S#@tter's full and 'If I walked the movie would be over' (Spaceballs).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:52 pm 
Film Expert

Hey everyone, the results are in and......they are great, I have the following ready for your consideration.

Roustabout
Blue Hawaii
Gi blues
Music Box

Last train to gun hill has been purchased already. Please email me and I will forward you an email with screen shots, condition, and description that my new best friend :) has put together for me. Some of these emails are large 25mb or so because of the pictures. All I can say, I am amazed, that after all this time these are in this kind of condition.

I look forward to your emails.

Thank you
Mike