8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Digital Vs. Film

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Digital Vs. Film
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:07 pm 
Film Expert

Happened to find this U\Tube video. I found it very entertaining and fun to watch.
I still use my Canon 35mm Film Camera and film (while still available) is cheap.

Link to Video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ycBxKiGyYo

Link to my Canon 35mm... http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1277/eoslf.jpg

Desmond.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Digital Vs. Film
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:31 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting observation, Desmond. Reminds of when I saw a 35mm I.B. Tech showing of Leave Her To Heaven last year. A real knock out. The colors and camera work were a treat without the plot line. Well, last week I happen to see a digitally restored showing of LHTH on Turner Classics. What a let down. Not even close to the original screening.

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Post subject: Re: Digital Vs. Film
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 pm 
Film Expert

Personally I still use a Canon EOS 650 which gave birth later to the Rebel line of Canon 35mm cameras. It still gives me stunning prints. Also I recently went to the theater locally which is now installing digital projectors and the feature was running at about 3 megapixles stretched to a 40 foot screen. It looked horrible and had little color and finally locked up during presentation. Added the trashcan sound it wasn't worth it and got my money back at the door but was able to bring my date back here for an evening instead of being at the movies.
Digital is good for personal use but professionally, I know the greenies have a problem with it but film has survived for over 100 years for a reason.