8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Prints That Have Been Spliced Out Of Sequence And XXX

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Prints That Have Been Spliced Out Of Sequence And XXX
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 pm 
Site Admin

Don't you love it when you're viewing a print and scenes have been spliced out of sequence. I watched Devil Doll recently. Great film! There was a scene near the beginning where a beautiful woman was hypnotized on stage and told she was a great dancer. Well, half way through reel two right after a murder, she starts performing the twist on stage. [set5_b/set5_b/toetap05.gif] [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

And there are the upside down and backward jobs performed on prints. These are always crowd pleasers too. [set5_b/set5_b/rant.gif]

Once I bought a film collection and had not gotten a chance to go through it. Company arrived one day and I was in the screening room checking out the new collection. Well, company requested me to throw on a short film. There was no title on the 400' can. Big mistake!!!! The first scene was a guy and gal doing the big nasty starting at frame one. That's when you find out how fast you can remove a film from a projector. :shock: [set5_b/set5_b/conehead.gif]

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Prints That Have Been Spliced Out Of Sequence And XXX
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:26 pm 
Film Expert

I have a 35mm print that for some reason had been cut at random locations and spliced together haphazardly. The film itself is a very bizarre horror movie and as such its very difficult to determine which scenes go in which order - I guess if one looks at it as a puzzle then it could be a fun thing ... kinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:23 pm 
Film Expert

Dan, there is a reason I check all films my father-in-law buys & brings...he doesn't run film, he just thinks if he sees a good deal he will buy it for me.

Needless to say, I have run into XXX stuff unexpected in mixed company. REALLY unexpected I should say....the first few reels were home footage including disneyland stuff...then BAM there it was [set5_b/set5_b/smilielol5.gif]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:52 pm 
Film Expert

You guys have all the fun! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 pm 

Interesting what people thought they were hiding, only to be discovered decades later. I bought a small collection of a projector and films that I figured had been owned by a church: there were several 1600' reels of Cathedral Films hymns, then a reel of Castle Films shorts. Then, on the same reel as the Castles, it was a one-reeler about four 1920ish flappers who hijack a boat to an island, completely strip, and play volleyball on the beach. It wasn't x-rated, but it was full frontal nudity and, as far as I could figure, didn't fit in with the hymns.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
It wasn't x-rated, but it was full frontal nudity and, as far as I could figure, didn't fit in with the hymns.

Now hold on. Sounds pretty righteous to me. [set5_b/set5_b/angelsad2.gif]

While we're on the subject with out of sequence films. I'll bet we have all accidentally put on reel three before reel two and 35 or 40 minutes later were surprised to see "The End". Bummer, eh!?

http://www.metroxpressjazz.com/index.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:54 am 
Film Expert

Well, I didn't have as much fun as some of you guys did...but one time I bought a bunch of Castle films; one was a Hopalong Cassidy where the heavies were out to dynamite a dam, Hoppy's swimming toward it, and...that was all. Well, that looked like a candidate for the scrap pile. (Dam!) Couple reels later I was running an Andy Panda cartoon; it ended, then a splice, and there was Hoppy tossing the TNT. The broken piece had been "repaired" on to the wrong reel!

[set5_b/set5_b/hurray.gif]