8MM FORUM WORLDWIDE • View topic - Eiki Elf RT-2 amplifier help

8MM-16MM FORUM WORLDWIDE

The International Forum for 8mm, 16mm, and 9.5mm film
Dedicated To Collectors Around The World
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Click on any of the boxes below to link to a new page

Screening Rooms    Ebay Film Sellers    Film/Equipment Sellers    Laurel and Hardy    Magnetic Striping

Our mission is to provide a "free" forum for all members. This forum will not delete, lock up, or edit any posts. On this forum, you are "free" to question any statement that is not understood, and debate any differences you have with another member. We only moderate when a member will not back up his accusations. There are no condescending attitudes from the Administrator or the Moderator. You will be treated with respect. Dan Lail, Admin. and Chris Smith, Moderator

Post subject: Eiki Elf RT-2 amplifier help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:19 pm 
Film Expert

I have just finished servicing a elf RT-2 and have a amp problem when i switch the amp on i get a boom as if its powered on ok but i get no sound from it .
It a mag/optical amp but no sound on both when you turn up the volume there is no sound increase or noise i would of thought someone has powered it on with no speaker plugged in both fuses test ok.
Would anyone know of this problem or what to look for im ok with a soldering iron.
Barry

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: Eiki Elf RT-2 amplifier help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:57 pm 
Film Expert

There were several versions of the amplifier during the production run of the "R" series projectors. Some have two fuses while others have only one fuse. Check the simple things first like look for a blown fuse and be sure all cables and connectors are fully seated in their sockets.

Some versions of the amplifier used those "all-in-one" series of amplifier chips which always go obsolete months after their introduction. Other versions of the amplifier use discrete output transistors which are commonly available to repair the amplifier.

Always check the exciter lamp to see if it's lit when the amplifier is on and the projector is in the "forward" mode.

Last edited by Ken Layton on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Eiki Elf RT-2 amplifier help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:45 pm 
Film Expert

Additional information on identifying which version of the amplifier you have.

Amplifier version 1:

Has EUH-WA206 etched on circuit board. Uses a 1 amp fast blow fuse in that fuseholder. Has type APA211D "all-in-one" amplifier chip (now obsolete) for the output stage.

Amplifier version 2:

Has EUH-WA414 etched on circuit board. Uses a 1.5 amp fast blow fuse in that fuseholder. Has type 2SC1667 and 2SA837 output transistors bolted to the chassis.

Amplifier version 4:

Has EUH-WA526 etched on circuit board. Has TWO fuses. A 2 amp fast blow fuse mounted in an open fuseholder bolted to the top of the chassis (controls exciter lamp power supply circuit). There is a 2 amp fast blow fuse in the conventional screw-in fuseholder which control just the amplifier audio circuitry).

I have never seen or encountered an amplifier of version 3. I think it might be one made for the UK. Check the "EUH-WAxxx" numbers etched on the pc board.